Monday 10 July 2017

LET'S PLAY - AND TALK


I don't like silence. Certainly it is a part of life and there are times when it makes sense to just stay quiet and wait. But if I am watching someone do a gaming video (a "let's play"), I want to hear something from them other than the clicking of keys that is necessary for their next move. I want to know you are having a good time.


There are times during a video game that are less than enthralling. During those times it becomes even more important to engage the viewer. And I think that is what makes the difference between a successful gaming channel and one that is not watched regularly. And then there are channels like mine, which offer a smorgasbord of different types of videos, only to sneak gaming in there nonchalantly when the opportunity presented itself.


This is the thumbnail to one of my gaming videos. And although I am not even close to the likes of manic-sounding PewDiePie, I like to think I offer the viewer a reason to watch the video. And more importantly, I try to offer a reason for them to come back. This is the biggest challenge of video creators. And I have no problem getting blown up in order to do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?