Friday 7 July 2017

LAUGHING MY BUTTHURT AWAY


People learn some things when they are kids, like their alphabet and the colors of the rainbow. And some you learn when you are 42 and just tired of being angry and shocked by people who are just as fed up with things as you are. They just found a different way to express it.


'If someone triggers me, it is their problem, not mine.' No it isn't. It's your problem for not being an adult and saying, people are different. That's it. Live and let live. If you want 76 genders and purple hair and people are supposed to accept that but you can't accept a drawing of a cartoon frog, you're the one with the problem. I will freely admit I am not in a position to act as a moral authority. Trust. Me. So why can't you?


'If I see or hear something I don't like, I have to say something.' Why? For what purpose? Now you're being exactly what you are accusing the Kekistani of being - intolerant. Do you really want to be a hypocrite your whole damn life?


Sure, there are things I read that I don't like. There are words and ideas that I am not comfortable with. Thing is, they are just words. And if I let myself get butthurt over them, I am the one who has given them power. I am the one who needs to adjust, to learn to walk away.




No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?