Sunday 30 July 2017

A TALE OF TWO VIDEO CREATORS


She was very nice to me, a very warm person. And in my hiatus after Geek Wisdom ended, I had lost a great many people who supported me before. So I guess you could say I was impressed by encountering such a warm soul. And without inquiring further, I assumed that we were similar as creators as well. Then I began to notice the differences between us.


She was definitely a nice-looking person, and she definitely knew it. She made sure her makeup and hair were always on point in her videos, no matter how short the videos were. And she knew how to use halter tops and camera angles to her advantage; she would give off the impression of being topless while still wearing a top. But I still believed we had so much in common.


I was having trouble watching her videos in their entirety because of their length so I asked if she would consider posting them in parts (which, creators back me up on this, would have taken her minutes to do). That's when she told me about her video creating philosophy. I will use actual quotations from her, as long as they cannot be used to identify her: "Being a [video creator] Tanya and doing what an audience wants is like being Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Too hot, too cold...Like I always say I am a [video creator] for myself first...Like I say in this live show...public opinion doesn't affect me or what I do at all and never will..."


Shocked and realizing I was ready to walk away, I sent her one final comment, my last words to someone who I once described as a "warm soul". I knew I would never see her like that again. "Okay. I am a very different [video creator]. I have not had an easy life so far so I like to bring smiles to people's faces when I can, and enjoyment of my channel for however many people watch it. My channels is entertainment for others. My enjoyment comes from adding happiness to the lives of others. I would not reap nearly as many benefits from doing this if I was focused on myself all the time. Clearly we are very different people. Best of luck with your channel. I hope you can appreciate what I have shared here someday." And then I was gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?