Tuesday 6 June 2017

WORST LIVE CHAT ON YOUTUBE - CARTOON EDITION


I am most definitely a creature of habit. And every night before I go to bed, I watch one or two episodes of South Park on one of a number of channels that stream it live. Quite often it is an episode I have already seen a bunch of times, but I still find it relaxing. What I don't find relaxing is looking at the toxic waste that is the live chat. Was every live chat for a cartoon this bad? I made it my business to find out. Below are (in order of least bad to worst) are my findings. Feel free to check these channels out for yourself and see what you think.


1. Family Guy ~ I am just as surprised as you are. I really expected way worse, and I waited to make sure I didn't just arrive at an awkward time. But no, this is as "savage" as this channel gets. Just people interested in watching Family Guy; there didn't seem to be anyone there trying to ruin the experience for everyone else.


2. Spongebob Squarepants ~ Although there was needless profanity used, it was more at the level of a really little kid who has just learned some choice words and uses them to make adults laugh. This was more cringe-inducing than anything.


3. South Park ~ Now HERE are some seasoned swearers. They are definitely looking to shock someone with their bold words that have been around for decades or even centuries. Such visionaries.


4. American Dad ~ The reason this chat managed to win the Bad Taste Olympics and not South Park is the suggestion of harm. That is really not cool. Since it is not a threat but merely a suggestion, I highly doubt anything can or will be done.

Hopefully I can do a Twitch version of this list at some point, and possibly a comparison of the "real-life" chat streams. I don't know what else to say about this right now. Very disappointing. Disappointing indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?