Sunday 4 June 2017

WHAT DO YOU BRING TO THE TABLE???


I don't work outside the home because of reasons. People who are not familiar with my online activity often wonder (silently or aloud) what it is I truly bring to the table both in a relationship and in life itself. I like to think that I am not the only unemployed person who finds themselves wrestling with the questions What exactly do I bring to the table? Is it worthwhile? Is it enough?


So here is a list of things that ANYONE can bring to the table, regardless of employment status:

1. A winning attitude ~ This cannot be overstated. If you work hard and know that you are a winner, even in a way that my seem superficial to some, that counts for a lot. What areas do you excel in? What do you enjoy doing? That is usually where your purpose lies.


2. Goals and objectives ~ Even if you are not gainfully employed, you can have personal goals for relationships and even for yourself. I always try to be a better person than I was the day before. Not an easy thing if you are not out and about all the time, but still achievable.


3. Pay it forward ~ You woke up this morning, you are alive, you likely have a roof over your head and food in your belly. You have a lot of goodness and positivity to share with the world. My main avenue to interacting with others is online. I belong to a number of websites that are creatively inclined. I used to have a difficult time giving others comments, thinking that if I want to convey an appreciation for something they have contributed to the online community they probably won't care. After all, who am I? Now I realize that I am the person who has many things to be thankful for, and I want to reach out and spread warm feelings and vibes to those around me. As a part of an online community, it can be really difficult to gauge how someone is feeling. And maybe my compliment can make a difference, give them hope again.


4. Learn something new every day ~ There is always something new to learn. Find what interests you and read an article or two on the subject. Watch a documentary. I find learning replenishes me in some way, and I never want to stop. Plus it keeps our brains active which is a great thing.


5. Hang on to your sense of humor ~ This is so important. Whatever has caused your unemployment is probably not a laughing matter. But if you can laugh at least once a day, that can relieve a lot of stress and tension in your body. Find something funny every day, and it will most certainly improve your outlook on life and make the above tips that much easier to achieve.


So there you have it. These tips could work as well for someone who is employed but wants to work towards enriching their life. But I know firsthand how difficult it can be to hang on to the notion that your contributions in the world count. I will start you off: every time I see another person has read my blog, it causes me to feel happier. So you have already accomplished at least one thing today that is of great value. And it gets easier every time you try.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?