Sunday 25 June 2017

THE LYING INDUSTRY


This was a thumbnail for one of my videos. And it is almost true. Well, the "dyed my hair" part is true. I made this video to prove a point. The point was that these "story time" vloggers who create these ridiculous tales about things that happen in their everyday lives get more views for something I find quite sinister - lying to their audience. Guess what, though? It worked like a charm.


I actually had two people who I consider friends offering me their sympathy and condolences for my harrowing encounter with the Chinese Mafia. I should have been enjoying my success with this bold-faced lie. All I could feel was guilt for having duped them. And yet, a new feeling emerged when I looked at my view count.


My lying, conniving video, even though I ended up putting the word "satire" after the title, is still sitting at Number Two, just a hair away from the Number One spot (thank you Brony enthusiasts btw). A very close friend of mine said that I am "too respectable" for this type of thing, when I told him I hated the guilt of lying to others, especially my viewers. Or am I? As I am writing this, I am mulling this idea over: What if I had a Story Time series? That wouldn't be such a bad idea. Or would it?


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?