Tuesday 13 June 2017

I REALLY, REALLY WANT TO KNOW!!!


Ever been so lost in math class you don't even know what question to ask the teacher even if they weren't trying to finish a sudoku at their desk? Well, that's how I feel about My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. More specifically, that's how I feel about bronies. The answers I have found online all boil down to this: "Well, I started watching it and I liked it. It's about friendship and magic." Gee, thanks. Another one of the eternal mysteries of the universe solved during a cringe compilation.


That answer did not cut it for me, so I watched a documentary on the subject. I am really cheap when it comes to purchasing movies or documentaries online. This is not a good thing. What I ended up doing was watching one-fifth of a documentary (aka the upper lips and chins). They interviewed bronies who tried to explain what the fascination was, but it was the chins who actually voiced characters and were responsible for creating the series that made the most sense. And what I learned was this: I don't need a full explanation. I don't even know these people. And even if they want to watch snow when the cable goes out, it's none of my nevermind.


Also, these folks seem quite harmless. In retrospect it seems silly to demand answers from them. The world can be a negative and hurtful place. And if these young people have found a ray of sunshine in the rubbish tip, who am I to piss on their party? Below is the video version of this journey of mine, where I am perplexed using totally different words. It would be a shame to miss it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?