Thursday 25 May 2017

WHY YOU SHOULD "LISTEN" TO THESE BEYONCE LYRICS!!!


I truly love music as much as anyone could love a non-living thing. And I always pay careful attention to the lyrics because sometimes they say all the things I want to say but cannot. So today I thought I would share some excerpts from the song "Listen" by Beyonce and why I relate to this song to my very core. I am not a huge "Queen Bey" fan, but this song...


"Listen, to the sound from deep within. It's only beginning to find release." When I hear this line, I  think of all of the creative things I do now, and how much they have helped me express myself to others.

"And I've tried and tried to say what's on my mind. You should have known." For me, these lyrics speak of someone who has tried to make themselves understood in quieter ways before, but now has to resort to more dramatic methods.


"I'm more than what you made of me." Now this one I can identify with so much. When I hear someone sing it, I get a lump in my throat. I am more than what "they" made of me.

"I don't know where I belong but I'll be moving on." That line sums up my 20s quite nicely. Enough said.

Question: Are there any songs like this for you? I swear I could have just copied the lyrics right here and called this blog post "This." But enough of that. Let's look at the video together:


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?