Tuesday 16 May 2017

SINGING FOR SOUNDCLOUD!!!


I went back to Soundcloud. If you knew how pissed off and fed up with Soundcloud I was when I left, you would be really confused by my decision. But first, a little history: Last time I was active on Soundcloud was roughly two years ago. I used to post all my covers there. Then I started getting notices from Soundcloud saying that I could not use the background music for my tracks. Something to do with copyright. I think Soundcloud changed hands around that time and this was the new norm. So I tried to do my songs a cappella (without music) and I didn't like how they sounded. It turned out that without the background music I had to accept the fact that I wasn't as good a singer as I thought I was.


Fast forward to 2017: I left my Soundcloud up with me singing without the music on a number of tracks. And over time, they got a lot of plays. But I was still pissed off. So when I began making hiphop tracks, I posted them on another platform altogether. It was considered one of the best platforms, but Soundcloud was still by far the best and most often used by people who wanted to post their own indie tracks and enjoy the music that was uploaded by others. Finally I had to admit that I wanted to be back on Soundcloud. I still had followers there, and I wanted to continue what I started, adding this new hiphop twist. I also started singing a cappella again, this time with two years' more singing experience under my belt.


And now I post tracks and videos where they seem to work best, but it can be somewhat confusing, so I thought I would break it down for you, should you ever be searching for a particular type of music from me:

1. Original Cover Songs These are the ones I have been doing for the longest time. I posted nearly 900 tracks on Smule, so there's a lot to choose from there. Additionally, these tracks can be found on pretty much all of my social media sites, but there are not re-uploaded as audio tracks online. Instead, these tracks get converted into a video format and shared in that way.

2. HipHop Tracks This is a fairly new addition to my musical repertoire. For original audio tracks, you can find them on both Soundcloud and Audiomack. Both are decent sites to showcase indie hiphop music.

3. A Cappella Covers I post these on my Soundcloud and Audiomack pages as well. They are actually doing a lot better on Audiomack than expected, so I am very happy about that.

So that's where to find my songs and where I share them from. I may not always sing all three types of songs, but they will always be there for people to check out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?