Monday 24 October 2016

Year-End Analysis

My birthday is coming up at the end of this month. I will be 42 years old. Every year around my birthday I reflect on the past year. I think about the people that have come and gone, how my life is better than last year - and sometimes how it's worse, if applicable. And this year has been without a doubt one of my worst years as an adult.

Because of this fact, I am struggling to find the good in the midst of all of the bad. I think one of my main flaws is my inability to let go of hurt and losses. If you have been reading this blog for any length of time you will be familiar with that. But I saw something on Facebook a few days ago that allowed me to change my perspective on things. It said "Autumn shows us how beautiful it is to let go." It's like someone wrote it just for me.

So in the coming year, I hope to become better at letting things go. We are always moving on from on thing or another - it's a fact of life. Why fight it? I'd rather embrace it instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up?